Blotter: Sept. 15, 2009
DUI alleged in crash
A Clifton woman was arrested late Sunday morning after allegedly driving while intoxicated, getting into an accident in the 3200 block of E Road and driving away from the scene, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. Charlene Anne Waters, 27, was arrested after deputies caught up with her in the 3200 block of D 1/2 Road.
She was charged with drunken-driving, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless driving and resisting arrest, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
Man accused of fuel thefts
Delta police officers have arrested a suspect in connection with fuel thefts at Delta Sales Yard, 700 West Fifth St. According to the Delta Police Department, 22-year-old Jeremiah Wiltsie was arrested after a traffic stop Sunday night in the area of Sixth Street and Main Street. Wiltsie is being charged with operating a vehicle without insurance and not having license plates. He is suspected of third-degree burglary and third-degree criminal trespass for allegedly stealing fuel.
He was booked into the Delta County Jail on a $2,500 bond, police said.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Danny Bilyeu, 53, received a summons Thursday for allegedly shoplifting at City Market at 200 Rood Ave.
• Someone entered a garage Saturday in the 2600 block of B 1/2 Road and removed property valued at more than $1,000.
• Angelica Anton, 23, on Friday received a summons for allegedly shoplifting at Wal-Mart at 2545 Rimrock Ave.
• Titus Smith, 25, received a summons Saturday after an investigation revealed he allegedly abused a child.
• Fred Trusty, 63, received a summons Saturday after he allegedly slapped a person several times after a verbal dispute in the 1400 block of Wellington Ave.
• Five 15-year-olds and two 16-year-olds received summonses Saturday for allegedly trespassing in 300 block of 27 1/2 Road.
• Jaron Gallegos, 27, received a summons Sunday for allegedly disturbing the peace in the area of Kennedy Avenue and Cannell Avenue.
• Georgia Sims, 56, received a summons Sunday for alleged disorderly conduct and trespassing in the 400 block of 28 1/4 Road.
• Someone on Sunday entered a home in the 400 block of Chuluota Avenue and removed items valued at more than $1,000.
• Brenden Bertram, 19, on Sunday, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of shoplifting and third-degree assault. Bertram is accused of stealing items from City Market, 200 Rood Ave., and assaulting a female as he fled the scene.
• Danielle Duncan, 18; Casara Lagree, 18; and Brianna Notz, 18, received summonses Sunday for allegedly shoplifting at 2424 U.S. Highway 6&50.
• Jean Marez, 48, was contacted Sunday in reference to a fight that occurred in the 2900 block of Summerbrook Drive and arrested on an outstanding warrant.
• A bicycle valued at more than $1,000 was taken Sunday from a backyard in the 500 block of North 12th Street.
• Three male juveniles received summonses on Sunday after allegedly attempting to steal items from Target at Mesa Mall.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Someone on Sunday rummaged through the contents of a locked vehicle parked in the 500 block of 31 1/2 Road. No items were reported stolen.