Blotter: Sept. 19, 2009
Teens accused of pot sales
An 18-year-old Central High School student and a 16-year-old former student face special offender charges of intending to sell marijuana after a school police officer allegedly found them in possession of the drug at Long Family Memorial Park, less than 1,000 feet from the school, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department.
Kevin John Kinard, 447 Mountainside Lane, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on Thursday, on two felony charges of marijuana distribution, the special offender charge and lesser charges of possession of an illegal weapon and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The 16-year-old boy faces charges of being a special offender, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released to his father.
According to an arrest affidavit, a school officer noticed the two in a back seat of a vehicle at the park and found them in possession of a “significant amount” of marijuana, a scale, small baggies, hallucinogenic mushrooms, folding knives with drug residue, a glass pipe and brass knuckles.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were stolen Wednesday from a home in the 700 block of 26 Road.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken Wednesday from a vehicle parked in the 600 block of North Fourth Street.
• A computer valued at more than $1,000 was taken Thursday from a vehicle parked at Western Slope Ford, 2264 U.S. Highway 6&50.
• A woman on Thursday reported being defrauded of more than $10,000 by an unknown salesperson.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Shawn William Edward Bartley, 20, was arrested Friday on suspicion of five counts of first-degree trespass in a vehicle, possession of alcohol by a minor, violation of a protection order and a felony bail bond violation.
• Deputies responded Thursday to a call of an intoxicated man passed out in the park behind Rocky Mountain Elementary. The 46-year-old Stephen Allan Wagnar was contacted and issued a summons for providing alcohol to a 20-year-old man.