Blotter: Sept. 25, 2009
Sex assault suspected
• A 23-year-old suspected illegal immigrant was arrested Wednesday on allegations he had sex with a 13-year-old girl.
Jorge Alberto Morente-Tisa of 461 32 1/8 Road, No. 3, could face charges of sexual assault on a child in a pattern of abuse and sexual assault on a child. He is being held on $60,000 bond.
According to an arrest affidavit, Morente-Tisa, who is from Guatemala, had sex with the girl twice earlier this month. The girl told deputies Morente-Tisa told her he was 16 years old and instructed her to say that she was 17 if they were ever contacted by police while together.
Retaliation, abuse alleged
• A Fruita man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of directing his speeding car toward an oncoming tractor-trailer on U.S. Highway 6&50 with his ex-girlfriend and their 10-month-old daughter in the car with him.
Stephen John Rink Jr., 32, 825 E. Ottley Ave., No. D4, could face charges of retaliating against a victim, menacing with a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment, child abuse, driving with a canceled license and violating bail-bond conditions. He is being held on $100,000.
According to an arrest affidavit, Rink’s ex-girlfriend, who is listed as a victim in a pending domestic-violence case against Rink, told police that Rink grew upset while they were driving east in the 2300 block of U.S. Highway 6&50 on Wednesday night. She said he sped up to more than 100 mph, jerked the steering wheel toward an oncoming semi and drove down the center lane of the highway. He then directed the car back into the east lanes and laughed and made fun of her for screaming and crying.
Mesa County Judge Craig Henderson called the allegations in the affidavit “frightening” during a court hearing Thursday.
Minors, booze suspected
• A Clifton man was arrested Wednesday after police say he provided alcohol to a 19-year-old woman and a 16-year-old boy during a party at his home in June.
Christopher Daniel Raff, 29, 3206 Emerald Court, unit A, was arrested on suspicion of two felony counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and a single misdemeanor count of attempting to provide alcohol to a minor.
The 19-year-old woman told deputies she blacked out at one point during the party, the affidavit said.
Deputies obtained a warrant for Raff’s arrest after he canceled an appointment to speak with deputies and said he didn’t want to speak to them without an attorney.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Tyler Dee Maneotis, 20, 1045 23 Road, was arrested Wednesday on a warrant on suspicion of theft of $1,000 to $20,000 and first-degree criminal trespass.
• Officers received a report Wednesday that a known person forged a contract and used another person’s identity to purchase merchandise from a business in the 2100 block of North Avenue
• Preston Purviance, 23, address unknown, was issued a summons Tuesday on suspicion of assaulting an employee at the Mesa Theater and Club, 538 Main St.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A woman living in the 400 block of Coronado Way reported Wednesday that someone threw a “buffet” of food items onto her car. She reported no damage because birds picked the vehicle clean, according to a report. Deputies said there were no suspects or witnesses.