Blotter: September 05, 2008
Man accused of drug possession
• A man was arrested Wednesday at a Grand Junction motel on suspicion of possessing drugs, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration Western Colorado Drug Task Force.
Anthony Conrad Wolfe, 19, was arrested at the Monument Inn, 1600 North Ave., on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He also had two warrants out for his arrest for failing to appear in court.
Police investigate sex assault on kids
• Grand Junction police are investigating a report that someone sexually assaulted two children in the south-central part of the city. The incident was reported to officers Wednesday.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Zachary Scott Koch, 19, 2859 1/2 Teller Ave., was arrested on a warrant Wednesday on suspicion of second-degree burglary and theft of between $500 and $1,000.
• A thief stole a trailer and welder from a construction site in the area of 27 1/4 and H roads on Tuesday. The items were valued at more than $1,000.
• A thief stole gasoline out of a vehicle in the 300 block of Valley View Way on Tuesday.
• A thief stole a scooter valued at less than $500 from the 2400 block of U.S. Highway 6&50 on Tuesday.
• A vandal damaged property with graffiti in the 1100 block of Gunnison Avenue on Wednesday. The damage was estimated at more than $1,000.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Jose Miguel Hinojosa-Lara, 25, 488 32 Road, No. B6, was arrested Wednesday in the 500 block of 31 1/2 Road on suspicion of possession of a forgery device, criminal impersonation and an immigration violation.
• A man reported Wednesday that he was driving west on U.S. Highway 6&50 near Mesa Mall when something broke the rear window of his truck. Deputies could not determine the cause of the damage but said it appeared to be a BB gun.