Blotter: September 06, 2008
Fatal crash suspect waives hearing
• Dusty Reeves of Grand Junction, who is accused in a drunken-driving crash that occurred this spring on Interstate 70 and killed his common-law wife, waived a preliminary hearing in his case.
Reeves’ attorney, Michelle Devlin, said both sides are working toward a plea agreement in the case. Reeves was allegedly driving a carload of friends home from Glenwood Springs when his vehicle flipped near the De Beque exit, killing 22-year-old Jenny Torbet. Colorado State Patrol said Reeves had been drinking alcohol before the crash.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Nathaniel Sterry, 27, received a summons on suspicion of depriving someone of less than $100 after he was contacted by officers in the 2800 block of Elm Avenue.
• Property valued at less than $50 was taken from a hotel room in the 700 block of Horizon Drive.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Stereo equipment valued at about $400 was taken from a vehicle in the 3200 block of D 1/2 Road.
• About $20 in damages were caused to a fence in the 500 block of Eastwood Drive.
• Deputies responded to an assault in the 200 block of Thistle Street.
• Deputies responded to a disturbance in the 3200 block of D 1/4 Road, but the suspect fled the scene.
• A man unlawfully attempted to enter a home in the 600 block of Entrada Street.