Blotter: September 07, 2008
Man jailed in bowling alley robbery
• Grand Junction police officers arrested a Palisade man on a warrant Friday night in connection with the armed robbery of a local bowling alley last week.
Charles Byron Rutz, 38, 930 S. Iowa St., No. 2, was taken into custody after a traffic stop late Friday night on North Avenue, according to the Grand Junction Police Department. Rutz was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of aggravated robbery, menacing and theft. He is expected to have bond set today by a judge.
Rutz is accused of pointing a gun at employee of GJ Scores, 2445 F 3/8 Road, demanding all the money in the cash register, putting the cash in a plastic grocery sack and driving away in a white truck, witnesses told police.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Daniel Trankle, 22, received a summons alleging that he trespassed on private property in the 2800 block of D Road.
• A counterfeit $20 bill was passed at a business at the 2700 block of U.S. Highway 50, and businesses in the northwest part of the city reported receiving multiple counterfeit bills.
• A vehicle valued at more than $1,000 was stolen from 700 block of Horizon Drive.
• A mountain bike valued at less than $1,000 was stolen from a home in the 300 block of Ouray Avenue.
• Items valued at more than $1,000 were taken from a warehouse in the 1200 block of Winters Ave.
• More than $1,000 in property was taken from a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of North Eighth Street.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A campaign sign for presidential candidate Barack Obama was removed from the front yard of a home in the 3900 block of U.S. Highway 6.
• A scooter was taken from a school in the 3200 block of D 1/2 Road.
• Several video games were taken after someone unlawfully entered a home in the 100 block of North Bower Avenue in Palisade.
• Nicholas John Butterfield, 23, homeless, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of three counts of failing to register as a sex offender.
• Dennis Lee Wilson, 22, 643 Holland Drive, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of failing to register as a sex offender.
• Jacqueline Janelle Stegeman, 18, 2335 Hall Avenue, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of second-degree burglary, possesion of drug paraphernalia, criminal mischief and violation of a protection order.
• Serena Rene Maestas, 19, 265 6403 Road, Montrose, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of first-degree trespassing and false imprisonment.
• Donte Ramon Rollins, 22, 428 Lark Drive, was arrested and booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of menacing.