Blotter: September 09, 2008
Man accused of burglary
• Mesa County sheriff’s deputies arrested Jonathan Schoening, 19, of Grand Junction, on Sunday on suspicion of second-degree burglary, theft of less than $500, violating a protection order, four counts of contempt of court and probation violation.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Corey Sink, 33, was issued a summons on suspicion of drug possession.
• Someone took a golf cart from Mesa State College and caused damages estimated at $1,000.
• A thief stole a car from the parking lot of 1530 North Ave.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Preston Edward Blackwood, 19, 268 N. Plumb St., was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a child, third-degree assault and child abuse.
• Someone reported they saw two men going through items in a car parked in the 3100 block of Brownie Circle. No items were reported missing.