Blotter: September 10, 2008
Trespass, theft alleged
• Randy Martin Aragon, 20, 1104 Bookcliff Ave., No. 24, was arrested early Monday morning on suspicion of trespass, stealing from a car and walking on a highway after officers from the Grand Junction Police Department contacted him in the 2800 block of Mesa Avenue.
Aragon was booked into Mesa County Jail.
Man accused of menacing
• Edwin Gary Lundquist, 56, 1563 Callow Creek Lane, was arrested Monday afternoon on suspicion of felony menacing after deputies from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department contacted him in Clifton.
According to Sheriff’s Department reports, when deputies contacted Lundquist in the 400 block of Cottonwood Lake Drive, they discovered he had a warrant out for his arrest.
He was booked into Mesa County Jail.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A thief stole items valued at more than $1,000 from a business in the 1600 block of Ute Avenue sometime Sunday night or Monday morning.
• A girl was sexually assaulted in the southeast part of Grand Junction sometime Monday.
• A girl was sexually assaulted in the northeast part of Grand Junction sometime Monday.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A thief stole a canoe valued at $300 from the Whitewater boat launch sometime Sunday night or Monday morning. The canoe’s owner said he left the 15 1/2-foot boat in the bushes overnight.
• A thief stole a license plate from a boat trailer parked in the 3100 block of F Road sometime Sunday night or Monday morning.