Blotter: September 13, 2008
Drug-sale attempt alleged
• A 29-year-old Denver man accused of setting up a drug deal with an undercover police officer in Avon was arrested, according to the Eagle County Sheriff’s Department.
Jared Christiansen has been accused of trying to set up the sale of 100 ecstasy tablets for $850. Christiansen was in custody Friday on $50,000 bond at the Eagle County Detention Center.
No-show witness sought
• A no-bond arrest warrant was issued Friday for a witness who failed to show for a court hearing that was slated to determine whether an incarcerated man will get a retrial in a 2000 Grand Junction murder case.
Don L. Martin, 59, and John T. Chase, 49, were convicted by a Mesa County jury of murdering 41-year-old Bradley Jay Morgan at a Grand Junction hotel. Earlier this year, Thomas Lee Dausel, 53, of Grand Junction, told Martin’s defense attorneys that Martin did not kill Morgan. If Dausel is not apprehended within 60 days, the case will be forwarded to the Colorado Court of Appeals.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone took items valued at less than $1,000 from a home in the 1100 block of Texas Avenue.
• Caroline Dalheim, 37, received a summons alleging child abuse after she was contacted in the 500 block of 25 1/2 Road.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Michael Reed Matney, 33, 2148 N. 22nd St., was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of possessing a weapon as a previous offender, distribution of drugs, a parole violation, obstructing an officer, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Roger David Garcia, 37, 248 Second St., Rifle, was booked into Mesa County Jail on suspicion of violating a protection order and menacing.
• A small package containing skin care products was taken from a home in the 100 block of Sunlight Drive.
• A woman in the 3200 block of D 1/2 told police she thought her husband poured water into her vehicle’s gas tank during the night because the car stopped working shortly after she left home Thursday morning.
• Items valued at $340 were taken from a vehicle parked in the 1300 block of 17 Road.
• More than $100 in damage was caused to a mailbox and a utility box in the 1800 block of J 2/10 Road.
• One boy is being sought and another boy was arrested in connection with a burglary of a Palisade home.