Blotter: September 15, 2008
Nine jailed on drug charges
• Nine people were arrested after members with the Western Colorado Drug Task Force executed a search warrant on a Clifton residence in the 3200 block of White Avenue on Tuesday, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.
Those arrested ranged in age from 20 to 59. Seven men and two women were arrested.
Sgt. David Stassen did not know the specific drug charges the nine are facing.
Members of the Drug Task Force seized nearly 60 grams of methamphetamine and approximately 9 grams of marijuana.
Man accused of assault
• Brandon Ray Morrison, 21, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault after he allegedly got into a fight at Sherwood Park, fracturing a man’s skull, according to Grand Junction Police Department Sgt. David Stassen.
The fight allegedly occurred at 8 p.m.
Sept 7 at Sherwood Park. A warrant had been issued for Morrison’s arrest.
Woman accused of assault
• Paige Ellen Deherrera, 18, was arrested on suspicion of two counts of second-degree assault in the 2100 block of Teton Drive.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone stole more than $1,000 of property from four storage trailers locked inside a fenced construction area in the 2800 block of Elm Avenue.
• Someone broke out the front glass door at 643 Main St., causing less than $1,000 in damage.
• Someone stole several items valued at more than $1,000 from a business in the 2700 block of Unaweep Avenue.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• A small handgun was found in the desert at the north end of 25 Road. The handgun was booked into evidence as found property at the Sheriff’s Department.
• Deputies were dispatched to the 3200 block of White Avenue for a report of a naked woman running in the street. The woman was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital and placed on an alcohol hold.
According to the Colorado State Patrol:
• Casey W. Jackson, 31, was arrested at I70-B and F Road on suspicion of theft of an automobile valued at more than $20,000 and possession of a weapon by a previous offender.
• Lynell Morris, 23, was arrested in the 2900 block of North Avenue, on suspicion of two counts of second-degree assault and resisting arrest.