Blotter: September 24, 2008
Man accused of trespass
• Samuel Sisneros, 22, was issued a summons Monday evening on suspicion of trespass after deputies from the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department reported seeing him off-roading in the Mesa County Landfill.
The Sheriff’s Department said the area, in the 3000 block of U.S. Highway 50, was within a reclamation area inside the landfill.
• Manuelita Gigi Littler, 42, 474 Meadow Road, was arrested Monday on suspicion of harassment in the 2100 block of North Avenue.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department, Littler was reportedly following a victim multiple times Monday.
She was booked into Mesa County Jail.
Wanted man sought
• GYPSUM — Police are looking for a Las Vegas man after incidents Monday that included an evacuation and lockdown of public facilities.
About 6:42 p.m. Monday, the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office evacuated the Gypsum Library and placed the nearby Gypsum Recreation Center on lockdown after a report that a suicidal man might be in the library. The evacuation and lockdown lasted about 45 minutes.
Deputies were unable to find the man, Jose Varela Orozco, 32.
He is wanted on Eagle County warrants for alleged menacing use of a deadly weapon, domestic violence and harassment, stemming from an incident before Orozco went into the library, the sheriff’s office said.
Anonymous tips about the case may be made to Eagle County Crime Stoppers at 970-328-7007, 800-972-TIPS, or online at http://www.tipsubmit.com.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Someone stole a car worth less than $15,000 early Tuesday morning from the 300 block of Zuni Drive.
• Someone stole a car worth more than $1,000 Monday from the 500 block of West Gunnison Avenue.
• Someone stole a rental car worth more than $22,000 Monday afternoon from the 700 block of Horizon Drive.