Blotter: September 27, 2008
Man arrested on warrant
• A Grand Junction man was arrested early Friday morning after he was contacted in the 2900 block of Orchard Avenue and found in possession of methamphetamine, the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department said.
Adolph Anthony Nuncio, 24, 494 Harris Road, provided deputies with a false identity and was found to have a warrant out for his arrest for escape, according to a report.
Nuncio was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, making a false report to authorities, possession of drug paraphernalia and a parole violation.
Sexual assault reported
• Grand Junction police are investigating a report that a man sexually assaulted a juvenile female in the northeast part of the city.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Benjamin Nisley, 23, address unknown, was issued a summons Thursday on suspicion of stealing property from another person at Quincy Bar, 609 Main St.
• A thief stole a Chevrolet Corsica from the 400 block of North 17th Street on Thursday. The vehicle was valued at more than $1,000.
• A thief stole a vehicle valued at more than $1,000 from the 800 block of Rood Avenue on Sept. 20.
• Two scooters were stolen from the central part of the city on Tuesday. Both scooters were damaged.
• A thief stole property valued at more than $1,000 from a vehicle in the 600 block of Starlight Drive on Wednesday.