Blotter: September 29, 2008
DUI charge follows crash
• A man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving Sunday after his vehicle crashed and burst into flames on Interstate 70, Grand Junction police said.
Police said 29-year-old Wayne Crosby was driving east on I-70 near Horizon Drive when he lost control of his vehicle and veered off the road. His vehicle hit a retaining wall, caught fire and rolled down a hill, police said.
Crosby, who was able to get out of the car and escape the fire, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and reckless driving.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• Aaron Jason Myers, 24, 2842 1/2 Grand Cascade Court, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of robbery, theft of less than $500 and third-degree assault.
• Sidney Lee Martinez, 43, was issued a summons on suspicion of theft Saturday after he allegedly stole merchandise valued at less than $100 from City Market, 200 Rood Ave.
• A burglar entered a home in the 1200 block of South Fifth Street on Saturday and stole items valued at less than $1,000.
• A vandal forced entry in an apartment in the 1000 block of Chipeta Avenue on Saturday and stole items valued at less than $1,000.
• A vandal caused more than $1,000 in damage to property in the 200 block of Vista Hills Drive on Saturday.
• A thief stole a wallet containing $1,000 and other items from the 700 block of Maldonado Street on Friday.
According to the Colorado State Patrol:
• Paola Karina Murrieta-Barcelo, 18, 484 Rambling Acres, Clifton, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of first-degree forgery, driving under suspension and for a traffic violation.
According to the Fruita Police Department:
• Derek Wayne Kohls, 23, 1820 L Road, was arrested early Sunday morning on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespass.