Briefs: Biz Briefcase September 09, 2008
• American Family Insurance Agent Mike Daniels was recognized for customer service excellence by the J.D. Power and Associates Distinguished Insurance Agency Program.
• Members of the Wells Fargo Home Mortgage team were recognized at an area conference. Carri Dixon was recognized for increasing her sales by 55 percent, and her branch was top-rated in loan application increases. Terri Higgins and Jill Derrieux earned Top 10 Percent Sales awards.
Karen Fischer and Minde Harper also were Top 10 Percent Sales winners.
Steve Detty was honored as the No. 1 home mortgage consultant for area cross-selling. Brian Beecraft was recognized for his home credit solution sales volume and number of units closed.
• Charles Fletcher of American National will provide a free financial seminar, “Nine Tips for Preventing Financial Scams of Seniors,” at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 23 in the Fellowship room at the Grand Junction Seventh-day Adventist Church, 730 Mesa Ave. For information, call 242-8711.
• Loomis Real Estate will have a workshop for first-time home buyers at 6 p.m. Sept. 10 at 514 28 1/4 Road. The class will cover the down payment assistance program and the first-time home buyers tax credit.
• Mary Kruse was named the top closing agent for the month of August at Heiden Homes Realty and Associates. Verna Melgares was named the top listing agent.
• Western Petroleum Inc. of Steamboat Springs was added to top tier marketer status by ConocoPhillips Co. The status awards select distributors that exceed company practices, safety, and environmental programs.
• Dr. Paul Northup, endodontist, was named as one of Colorado’s best dentists in an annual poll conducted by 5280 Magazine and topDentists. Northup is a partner in Colorado West Endodontics.