Briefs: Local News December 06, 2008
Palisade preservation meeting Tuesday
• The Palisade Chamber of Commerce will ask for comments about preserving the town’s cultural and agricultural heritage at a meeting at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Palisade Community Center.
The meeting is supported through grants from the Colorado Council on the Arts and Mesa County’s 125th Anniversary Celebration. For information, call 464-7458.
Area’s Rotary clubs assist groups
• The Rotary Club of Grand Junction gave $1,750 to the Western Colorado Math and Science Center, Food Bank of the Rockies and Kids Voting of Mesa County.
• The Grand Junction Downtown Rotary Club and the Rotary Clubs of the Grand Valley will give 1,900 dictionaries to elementary schools next week.
Toys for Tots collections Dec. 13-14
• Cub Scout Pack 353, the Foundation for Wellness Professionals and New Life Chiropractic will collect toys from noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Rimrock Wal-Mart and from noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 14 at the Wal-Mart on North Avenue. Unwrapped new toys are being collected for the Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots campaign.
Staff of Sen. Salazar in Delta on Dec. 18
• The staff of Sen. Ken Salazar, D-Colo., will have office hours from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 18 in Delta for anyone wanting to communicate with the senator or who is having difficulty with a federal agency. For information, call 433-1361.