Briefs: Local Religion December 13, 2008
Redlands United Methodist church to present cantata
• Redlands United Methodist Church, 527 Village Way, will perform the cantata “Do You Hear What I Hear?”
Listening to the Spirit of Christmas” at 11 a.m. Sunday. The performance will be directed by Cherlyn Crawford with narration by Steve Heacock and Bill Crawford. Accompaniment will be by Laine Cross and a small children’s ensemble will be included.
The carol was written in 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis as a call for peace by Gloria Shayne Baker. Baker died this year at the age of 84 and the concert is in memory of her life.
For information, call 241-1900.
First United Methodist Church sets ‘In the Stable’
• First United Methodist Church Chancel Choir will perform “In the Stable” at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Guest artists include the Evergreen String Quartet and Jennifer Slates on flute.
For information, call 270-7989.
Church of the Nativity to have ‘Festival of Nine Lessons’
• Episcopal Church of the Nativity, 2175 Broadway, will have the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from 3-4 p.m. Dec. 21. The event features live chamber music, Bible lessons and favorite carols. A free wine and cheese reception will follow.
For information, call 245-9606.
Live nativity scene to be at Loma Community Church
• The Loma Community Church, 1307 Garfield St., will have its annual live nativity scene from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 20. here will be live animals and characters in costume. Hot chocolate and cookies will follow.
For directions call 858-7147.
Nationally known guest singer to be at Calvary Bible
• Calvary Bible Church will have special guest singer Ginger Millermon at 6 p.m. Dec. 21. Millermon is on the top 10 Christian inspirational charts.
For information, call 242-9121.
‘Lamb of Bethlehem’ to be at Landmark Baptist Church
Landmark Baptist Church, 2711 Unaweep Ave., will present “The Lamb of Bethlehem” at 7 p.m. Dec. 19 and at 10 a.m. Dec. 21. The story includes the church choir, orchestra and drama team.
For information 257-1047.