Briefs: Local Religion September 20, 2008
Biblical truths to be taught
• Restoration Ministries of Colorado will begin a 13-week school, “From Bondage to Freedom.” The course is based on Biblical truths and will include discussion about the secret of sin, baptism as warfare and temptation and repentance. Cost is $85 per person or $150 per couple. Classes will take place at Jubilee Family church, 4830 30 Road.
For information, call 242-5741 or visit http://www.restminco.org.
Annual festival set at St. Joe’s
• St. Joseph’s Catholic Church will have its annual festival from noon to 11 p.m. today at the parish hall.
There will be food, music, games and a raffle. For information, call 243-0209.
Church has Country Sunday
• Grand Junction First Assembly Church will have a Country Sunday from 8:30 to 10:40 a.m. Sept. 21. There will be free barbecue and a raffle. For information, call 243-0731.
Gospel Fest ’08 scheduled
• Appleton Christian Church, 2510 Interstate 70 Frontage Road, will have Gospel Fest ’08 from
12:30 to 4 p.m. Oct. 4. There will be music and food. The event will fund mission projects for The Christ Center. Suggested donation is $10 per person or $30 per family. Take your own seating.
For information, call 242-7380.
Classes for children begin
• Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Grand Valley, 1022 Grand Ave., will begin fall religious classes for children at 10 a.m. each Sunday. The students will discuss world religions. For information, call 257-0772.
Gospel singer plans concert
• Gospel singer Larry Blackwell will have a concert of old favorites and contemporary music at
6 p.m. Sept. 27 at the Grand Junction Seventh-day Adventist Church, 730 Mesa Ave. For information, call 523-4264.
Safe Halloween event slated
• Covenant Presbyterian Church, 237 32 Road, will have a “Trunk-or-Treat” safe Halloween event for children from 5 to 6 p.m. Oct. 31 in the parking lot.
The church’s annual Harvest Festival will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 1. There will be games, crafts, a cake walk and silent auction. For information, call 434-LOVE (5683).
Blackwood Legacy to perform
• Gospel group Blackwood Legacy will perform at 6 p.m. Sept. 28 at Bethel Assembly of God Church, 2945 Orchard Ave. Lead singer Rick Price was inducted to the Gospel Music Hall of Fame for his performance with the Blackwood Brothers Quartet.
For information, call 243-8247 or visit http://www.blackwoodlegacy.com.