Briefs: OA Art and Crafrs Roundup December 05, 2008
Arts-crafts shows in full bloom
The craftiest weekend of them all is upon us and here’s a list of places to go:
• Christmas in New Castle 2008 has handmade items and more. Cookies and lunch will be available. It is from 5–9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at the New Castle Recreation Center, 423 W. Main St. Info: 984-2646.
• The New Emerson School Craft Fair has arts, crafts, food and a cookie harvest. The seventh annual fair is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at New Emerson Elementary School, 2660 Unaweep Ave. You can also visit the Western Colorado Math and Science Center for $1. Info: 254-6500.
• The sixth annual Holiday Craft Fair is set for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at Bill Heddles Recreation Center, 530 Gunnison River Drive, in Delta. Info: 874-0923.
• The Art Jewelry Guild Show and Sale offers unique jewelry of fine silver, handmade glass and bead work, bracelets, earrings and necklaces and Christmas decor. The event is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at Java Junction, 2401 North Ave. Info: 243-1220.
• Ten Friends Arts and Crafts Show has a variety of artwork and is held in conjunction with the annual holiday open house in the Chipeta Room of the Ute Indian Museum, 17253 Chipeta Road, in Montrose. The show is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at the museum. Admission is free. Info: 240-8377.
• The Holiday Arts and Crafts Fair has all kinds of gift items along with a bake sale and lunch. The fair is from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., with the lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., on Saturday, Dec. 6, at Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Grand Valley, 1022 Grand Ave. Info: 250-3469.
• The Appleton Craft Fair offers crafts, bake sale and the music of an Angel Choir. The fair is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at Appleton Elementary School, 2358 H Road. Info: 254-6400.
• The Holiday Gift Shop and Chili Dinner is from 5:30–7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 11. Chili is $1. The event is at Rocky Mountain Elementary School, 3260 D 1/2 Road, in Clifton. Proceeds benefit the Rocky Mountain Parent/Teacher Organization. Info: 254-4900.