Burning trash barrel tips over, ignites fire at home in Montrose

MONTROSE — Montrose firefighters were able to limit the damage to a home Tuesday evening after a burning trash barrel spilled and ignited the home.

Firefighters arrived at 12736 64.50 Road at 8:56 p.m. Tuesday after the owner reported hearing a “pop” and found embers from a burning trash barrel had ignited a trash area near the home.

Firefighters needed 49 minutes to extinguish the fire, which caused approximately $20,000 damage to the building and $25,000 damage to items inside and outside the home.

According to an incident report, the fire caused heavy damage to property outside of the home and damage to back bedroom and bathroom areas.

Fire investigator John Rogers described a heavy fuel load and said the fire’s intensity caused it to move rapidly.

The Montrose Fire Department said no one was injured in the incident.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy