Death Notices: December 17, 2008
• Robert “Bobby” Bond, 45, Delta, died Nov. 17, 2008, in Guadalajara, Mexico.
No services are planned.
Survivors include one son, Christian of Brazil; two daughters, Sydney Bond of Oregon, and Ariel Morfitt of Delta; his parents, Pattie Hering of Delta and Gary Bond of Idaho; four brothers, Frank Whyte and Ed Whyte, both of Ohio, and Chris Norman and J.R. Reece, both of Delta; one sister, Kim Whyte of Ohio; and one grandson.
• Ramona Gray, 70, Delta, died Dec. 16, 2008, at Colorow Care Center in Olathe.
Services are pending.
Survivors include two sons, Robert W. “Bobby” of Montrose and Rodney J. of Delta; two brothers, David Phillips of Hotchkiss and Norman Phillips of Oregon; and two sisters, Lavonne Hurt of Grand Junction and Judy Eckes of Oregon.
• Emerson “Dodge” Hill Jr., 61, Grand Junction, died Dec. 15, 2008, at his home.
Services will take place at a later date.
Mr. Hill was a carpenter.
Survivors include one son, Emerson Dodge Hill III of Grand Junction; one daughter, Danelle Carmine Ener of Grand Junction; and seven grandchildren.
• Robert Leroy Mangus, 83, Grand Junction, died Dec. 15, 2008, at Mantey Heights Rehabilitation and Care Center.
Services will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Crippin Funeral Home Chapel in Montrose.
Survivors include his wife, Luella; one son, Coe D. of Logan, Utah; and three daughters, Gae L. Mangus of Grand Junction, LaTonne Mangus of Meeker and D’Aun Mangus of Austin.
Memorial contributions to any Humane Society.
• Reverend James Seidell Mitchell, Jr., 81, Grand Junction, died Dec. 15, 2008, at Grand Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Visitation will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the American Lutheran Church. Services will follow at 11 a.m.
Mr. Mitchell was a Lutheran minister.
Survivors include his wife, Norma Jean; three sons, Reed S. of Grand Junction, Douglas J. of New Philadelphia, Ohio and Kevin J. of Fruita; two daughters, Margaret Favier of Charlestown, W.Va., and Rev. Jane Mitchell of Red Deer, Alberta, Canada; one sister, Susie Chapman of Unionville, Pa.; 11 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to Hospice and Palliative Care of Western Colorado, P.O. Box 60307, Grand Junction 81506.
• Stanley James “Jim” Mitchell, 71, Paonia, died Dec. 13, 2008, at Delta County Memorial Hospital.
No services are planned.
Survivors include two sons, Matthew Allen of Folsom, Calif., and Douglas James of Rocklin, Calif.; four daughters, Terri Nichols of Lincoln, Calif., Debbi Spitler of Yakima, Wash., Vicki Lynn Mitchell of Diamond Springs, Calif., and Stacey Mitchell of Cameron Park, Calif.; three sisters, Marge Hall of Roseville, Calif., Linda Winters of Lincoln, Calif., and Susan Rettas of Bellavista, Ark.; 17 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.