Death Notices: December 23, 2008
• James Howard Beck, 88, Grand Junction, died Dec. 20, 2008, at St. Mary’s Hospital.
No services were provided.
Mr. Beck was a federal bank examiner.
Survivors include his wife, Armatha Mercedes; and one son, Howard Allen of Silverthorne.
Memorial contributions to a charity of one’s choice.
• Esther L. “Soni” Faussone, 94, Grand Junction, died Dec. 21, 2008.
Services will take place at 1 p.m. Jan. 3 at St. Matthew Episcopal Church.
Survivors include one son, Robert of Loma; two daughters, Karen L. Moore of Grand Junction and Shari Flatt of Cave Creek, Ariz.; one sister, Betty Rodgers of Grand Junction; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado, P.O. Box 60307, Grand Junction 81506 or to Hilltop Foundation, 1331 Hermosa Ave., Grand Junction 81506.
• Mary M. Glasgow, 84, Meeker, died Dec. 17, 2008, at Pioneers Hospital.
No services are planned.
Survivors include her husband, Glen; one son, Greg of Meeker; one daughter, Gayle Stewart of Meeker; and two grandchildren.
• Ed Hightower, 65, Delta, died Dec. 21, 2008, at his home.
No services will take place.
Survivors include his wife, Mary; four daughters, Lea Ann Ingraham of Syracuse, N.Y., Mary Jo Boltz of Tucson, Ariz., Cindy Hightower of Delta and Linda Hightower of Tecumseh, Okla.; four sisters, Jean Sills, Kaye Belveal, Eileen Rhodes and Bonnie Whitney, all of Colorado Springs; one half-sister, Mary Mareno; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado, P.O. Box 24, Delta 81416 or to Delta/Montrose Home Health, P.O. Box 10100, Delta 81416.
• Former Delta resident Sylvia Ida Belle Rutan, 92, College Place, Wash., died Dec. 22, 2008, at her daughter’s home.
Services are pending.
Mrs. Rutan was a homemaker.
Survivors include one son, Alan of Delta; two daughters, Carol Hargreaves of College Place and Evelyn Caldwell of Brighton; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
• Charles Rodney VanDenBerg, 91, Paonia, died Dec. 21, 2008, at Horizons Care Center in Eckert.
Services will take place in the spring.
Survivors include his wife, Vivian; two sons, Charles of Salem, Ore., and John of Paonia; one daughter, Deborah Dillon of Centennial; one brother, Lester of Haywood, Calif.; one sister, Marlys Hilton of Paonia; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
• Mary J. Wright, 93, New Castle, died Dec. 21, 2008, at Walbridge Memorial Wing.
Services will take place at 11 a.m. Saturday at Highland Cemetery in New Castle.
Mrs. Wright was a homemaker.
Survivors include one son, Garry of Meeker; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild.
Memorial contributions to the Silt Historical Society in care of Cochran Memorial Chapel, P.O. Box 1048, Meeker 81641.