Death Notices: March 04, 2009
• Henry Albert Barbe, 56, Hotchkiss, died Feb. 27, 2009, at North Fork Medical Clinic in Paonia.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today at Delta Taylor Funeral Service Chapel.
Survivors include three sons, Hans of Castle Rock, Erik of Arvada and Scott of Scottsdale, Ariz.; two daughters, Katie Johnson of Wellington and Kelsey Gentry of Norfolk, Va.; one brother, Ken of Englewood; one sister, Marti Cordova of Wetumka, Okla., and three grandchildren.
• Nancy Angeline Case, 72, Clifton, died March 2, 2009, at her son’s home.
No services are planned.
Survivors include two sons, Robert Brown of Delta and Harry Lee Brown of Helper, Utah; one brother, Bud Dorton of Orrick, Mo.; two sisters, Betty Polk and Sandy, both of Galveston, Texas; six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
• Heather Lee Fix, 41, Crawford, died March 1, 2009, at St. Mary’s Hospital.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at 40727 Road in Crawford.
Survivors include her husband, Teddy; three sons, Clint Lewellen and Corey Lewellen, both of Brighton, and Adam Fix of Pine Junction; her mother, Kay Potts of Las Vegas; two brothers, Scott Keating of Hotchkiss and Joe Keating of Crawford; two sisters, Edith Keating of Hudson and Kayleen Neilson of Arvada; and four grandchildren.
• Jack Douglas Hawkins, 64, Delta, died March 2, 2009, at Swedish Medical Center in Englewood.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Taylor Funeral Service Chapel in Delta.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Assembly of God in Delta.
Survivors include his wife, Anita; four sons, Gregg Hawkins, Tom Davis and Luke Davis, all of Delta, and Richard Mannor of Denver; two daughters, Tina Timbreza of Delta and Lisa Marmon of Denver; two sisters, Judy Folks of Seattle and Jan McLaughlin of Nacogdoches, Texas; and 15 grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to Wells Fargo Bank, P.O. Box 120, Delta 81416.
• Charles W. Hutchins, 86, Grand Junction, died Feb. 28, 2009, at Family Health West.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Veterans Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado.
He was the owner-operator of a motel and restaurant.
Survivors include his wife, Gayle; two sons, Roy of Grand Junction and Charles Nelson of Lake City; one daughter, Judy Qualls of Durango; two sisters, Norvelle Penton and Nelda Walker, both of Sweetwater, Texas; 10 grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to the Palisade Church of the Nazarene, 3595 U.S. Highway 6, Palisade 81523.
• Atha Mae Kendrick, 90, Eckert, died March 3, 2009, at Horizon Care Center.
Services are pending with Taylor Funeral Service.
Survivors include three sons, Max L. of Eckert, Charles R. “Dick” of Waynesville, N.C., and James “Jim” of Delta; eight grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
• Gene Kniffen, 84, Fruita, died Feb. 26, 2009, at The Oaks.
Services will be at 2 p.m. March 13 at the Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent, Wash.
Survivors include two sons, Leslie of Yelm, Wash., and Michael of Spanaway, Wash.; one daughter, Tara Hollibaugh of Loma, and four sisters, Kathleen Richter of Seattle, Nadine Gulit of Issaquah, Wash., Corinne Gould of Spanaway and Arlene Hays of Shelton, Wash.
• Francis “Grant” Minor, 33, Eckert, died March 1, 2009, in Cedaredge.
Services are planned later.
Survivors include one son, Grant Alexander of Cedaredge; his father, John A. of Eckert; one brother, John Lubbert of Grand Junction, and four sisters, Jean Sellers of Ouray, Jane Gardner of Phoenix, Rabbit of Carbondale and Jacqule Sehleiffert of Wood Saw, Mo.
• James W. Pollock, 84, Fruita, died March 1, 2009, at Family Health West.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Snell McLean Funeral Home in Fruita. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the Fruita Methodist Church.
Mr. Pollock was a chemist.
Survivors include two brothers, Robert P. of Fruita and Walter H. of Boulder, and two sisters, Betty M. Benson of Fruita and Norma L. Gobbo of Grand Junction.
Memorial contributions to Family Health West, 228 N. Cherry St., Fruita 81521.
• Jerry Prock, 82, a longtime Western Slope resident, died Feb. 28, 2009, at Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Garden of Memories Cemetery in Crawford.
• Eldon Fuller, 77, Grand Junction, died March 1, 2009, at St. Mary’s Hospital.
Graveside services are planned for Friday at 10 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado.
Survivors include his wife, Mary; his son, David of Grand Junction; and a sister, Gloria Lehman Hinshaw.
Memorial contributions to Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado, P.O. Box 60307, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
• Calvin A. Gentry, 83, Grand Junction, died March 2, 2009, at Family Health West in Fruita.
Graveside services are planned for Saturday at 1 p.m. at New Elmwood Cemetery in Fruita.
Mr. Gentry was a crane operator.
Survivors include his son, Michael Gentry of Fruita; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
• Veta Lou Lechleiter, 75, Montrose, died March 3, 2009.
Visitation services will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Valley Lawn Funeral Home. Funeral service is at Montrose Christian Church on Monday at 11 a.m.
Survivors include two sons, Kim and Don Lechleiter, both of Montrose; and three daughters, JoAn Hanson of Cedaredge, Darlene Distel of Grand Junction and Rita McAlexander of Cedaredge.
• Dana R. “Mac” McLellan, 84, Grand Junction, died March 1, 2009, at Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado.
Graveside services are planned for Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Alamosa Cemetery in Alamosa.
Survivors include his wife, Lois; two sons, Mike of St. Johns, Ariz., and Doug of Las Vegas; two daughters, Cheryl Cobb of Grand Junction and Melanie Dropinski of Las Vegas; 11 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to Hospice, P.O. Box 60307, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
• Marjorie V. Smith, 84, Whitewater, died Jan. 6, 2009, at Community Hospital.
Services are planned for Friday at 1 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
Mrs. Smith was a licensed practical nurse.
Survivors include her husband, Jack H.; two sons, Steven D. of Craig and Danny K. of Norwood; two daughters, Peggy Jo Meehan of Norwood and Sulyn Smith of Clifton; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions to Community Hospital, 2004 N. 12th St., Grand Junction, 81501.
• Lorene A. Wright, 92, Delta, died March 3, 2009 at Horizon Care Center in Eckert.
Graveside services are planned for Saturday at 11 a.m. at Delta City Cemetery.
Mrs. Wright was a homemaker.
Survivors include a daughter, Peggy Bellmire of Delta; a sister, Patricia Milleson; one grandchild; and one great-grandchild.
Memorial contributions to Hospice & Palliative Care of Western Colorado, P.O. Box 24, Delta 81416.