Heat lamp suspected cause of chicken coop fire in Carbondale

A heat lamp in a chicken coop is the suspected cause of a Carbondale fire early Tuesday morning that killed the birds inside and damaged property at two homes.

The Carbondale & Rural Fire Protection District said the fire, which was reported at 3:48 a.m.,  destroyed the coop and did extensive damage to a straw bale shed. It damaged the windows of the residence, along with a fence, deck and porch at an adjacent home at 201 N. 10th St.

Carbondale allows the raising of chickens by residents. Nearby Glenwood Springs is considering whether to do the same.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy