Heated clothes may have caused house fire

A late-night fire Sunday caused approximately $5,000 damage at a vacant downtown home, the Grand Junction Fire Department said Monday.

Firefighters were called out at 10:46 p.m. to a residence at 301 S. Fourth St. after a passerby reported seeing smoke coming from the structure. Grand Junction police officers on the scene reported finding fire on the south side of the building and tried unsuccessfully to put it out with extinguishers, according to a news release.

Traffic was diverted away from South Fourth Street, from Colorado to Pitkin avenues, for roughly an hour as firefighters battled the blaze.

Damage was limited to an attached porch, the affidavit said. No injuries were reported.

The fire remains under investigation.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Clerical/admin Support

    Are you a mature, seasoned Person?Do you have a strong wor...

  • Rn

    Find Your Life'sWork at HopeWestImmediate Openings forRegi...

  • Deputy Sheriff

    Rio Blanco County iscurrently seeking qualified applicants for i...

  • Graphic Artist

    The Nickel is looking for a creative, innovative, experienced graphic des...

  • Accounting Technician Iii

    The Colorado StateUniversity Agricultural Experiment Station is currently

  • Rn, Lpn Or Ma

    4-5 days/week in Medical Specialty office w/benefits.Experience r...

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2017 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy