Man’s death accidental in camper fire; alcohol a factor

Alcohol intoxication was a contributing factor in the death of a 48-year-old man Tuesday night in a camper fire at the Rimrock shopping center, according to the Mesa County Coroner’s office.

David F. Johnson, of Grand Junction, died of smoke and soot inhalation, the coroner said in a release. The death was ruled accidental. An autopsy showed Johnson’s blood-alcohol level was .326 percent, more than four times Colorado’s legal limit for driving, the coroner said.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.




Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy