Name, cause of death released in fatal fire

Carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke and soot inhalation has been ruled the cause of death of a man who died in a mobile home fire near New Castle Sunday, the Garfield County Coroner’s Office says.

Authorities have identified the victim as Sanford Vaughn Griffin, 78, of 378 Apple Drive.

Griffin died after his home caught fire late Sunday afternoon. Garfield County sheriff’s spokeswoman Tanny McGinnis said the cause of the fire remains undetermined. A neighbor has said Griffin was burning trash near his home before it caught fire.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.




Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy