Numerous groups schedule auditions for variety of shows
If the theater stage has been calling you, now is the time to answer.
A number of performance organizations have put out a call for auditions for youth theater/dance, choir and orchestra, as well as opera and advanced dancers.
Here is a list of upcoming opportunities for all ages:
• Auditions for “Disney’s The Jungle Book Kids” will be 5:30–7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 24, at Creative Avenues, 128 S. Fifth St. This is a Youth Theater Project program performance for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. The program is tuition free, however, there is a $25 production/costume fee for participants. Info: 255-6757.
• The Youth Theater Project dance class/performance is also having auditions for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Auditions are from
5:30–7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 26, at Creative Avenues, 128 S. Fifth St. The program is tuition-free, but participants pay a $25 production/costume fee. Info: 255-6757.
• Advanced dancers with skills in ballet, modern and jazz are being sought by the Senior Dance Co. Auditions begin at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 25, at Glenwood Springs Center for the Arts, 601 E. Sixth St., in Glenwood Springs. Dancers need to be prepared for two-hour audition highlighting technique and ability to remember choreography. Bring ballet and jazz shoes. Info: 970-945-2414, http://www.glenwoodarts.org.
• Lend your voice to the High Desert Opera for its New Year’s Eve production, which will be either “The Sound of Music” or “My Fair Lady.” Auditions will be from noon to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 28, at First United Methodist, Church, 522 White Ave. Info: 270-7989.
• Learn about the Grand Valley Children’s Choir and sign up for an audition at a mandatory informational meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9, at Redlands Middle School cafeteria, 2200 Broadway. The meeting is for both interested children and their parents. The choir is for fourth-, fifth- and sixth-grade children. Info: 241-5522.