Passers-by save woman from burning home

Two cats that lived at residence missing

A Grand Junction firefighter heads to a trailer on fire at 495 W. Niagara Circle on Wednesday.



A woman was taken to a hospital at about noon Wednesday after a fire broke out at her mobile home in the 400 block of Niagara Circle, according to the Grand Junction Fire Department.

Passers-by who saw the fire were able rescue the woman from the home, witnesses said.

One dog was rescued along with the home’s resident. Firefighters were able to rescue another dog, which ran off. A third dog died despite the attempts of emergency personnel to revive it, according to a witness at the scene. Two cats were unaccounted for late Wednesday, according to the Fire Department.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but the home experienced significant damage.

Rory Eilers, of Red King Automotive, who works at the business near the home, said he saw the smoke and ran over to the home and attempted to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher. Eilers said he soon realized the fire was too large to be put out with an extinguisher.

Video: Rory Eilers


COMMENTS



TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050; M-F 8:00 - 5:00
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2017 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy