Residents, staff escape group home fire

Grand Junction firefighters responded at 4:45 p.m. Monday to a fire at a Strive group home at 181 Elm Ave. It was reported to be a grease fire in the kitchen.

Five residents with disabilities and three staff members were able to quickly exit the home. No injuries were reported.

Light smoke was coming from the front door and eaves of the house when firefighters arrived, and they discovered a blaze on the stovetop and nearby cabinets. It was quickly extinguished, according to battalion chief John Williams.

Damage to the home and its contents is estimated at $8,000.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy