Trailer burns at Rimrock Walmart
Grand Junction firefighters responded to a 911 call Friday afternoon reporting smoke coming from a camping trailer at Walmart in the Rimrock Shopping Center.
Samantha Haver said after she called 911, the flames started growing quickly until smoke and fire was billowing from the roof.
Owners Micheal and Elisabeth Heaton from Sparks, Okla. exited the store to find smoke in their trailer. They tried to put out the fire with bottles of water before unhooking the trailer from their truck.
“If I had to guess, I’d say it was something electrical,” Elisabeth said.
Insurance on the 1994 Hitchhiker II was not required by the State of Oklahoma, the Heaton’s said, and the trailer is a total loss.
“I don’t know what we are going to do now,” Elisabeth said.
The Heaton’s were heading to the Royal Gorge.