1 dead after carbon monoxide leak at apartment
COLORADO SPRINGS — Authorities say one person is dead and another is in critical condition after a carbon monoxide leak at a Colorado Springs apartment complex.
The Gazette reports firefighters were called to the Vista Peak Apartments in the eastern part of the city just before 12:30 p.m. today after several people reported feeling sick with symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning.
A hazardous materials team was called minutes later, and the apartments were evacuated.
Firefighters confirmed the death this afternoon.