4 people sickened after dog vomits toxic chemical

EDWARDS — Four people at an Edwards veterinary clinic were hospitalized after a dog that ingested what was likely rat poison vomited, filling the clinic with toxic fumes.

The Vail Daily reports (http://bit.ly/UlLX1a ) the dog vomited the chemical after being brought into the Vail Valley Animal Hospital on Friday. A news release from the Eagle River Fire Protection District says three people in the room showed signs of “respiratory distress” and were taken to a hospital for treatment. A fourth person who may have been exposed was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The dog later died.


COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.


TOP JOBS
  • Therapist

    Solutions WellnessCenter, a newly established innovative behavioral h...

  • Jump Start Job Fair

    Get Ready toJump Start 2015And Get That Job!Jump Start 201...

  • Pt Sale Position

    The Circulation Department of The Daily Sentinel is looking to fill a

  • Delivery Route

    BUSINESS OPPORTUNITYWould you like to deliver newspapersas an Ind...

  • Hr Generalist

    Large company withapprox. 750 employees.Associates Degree in

  • Accounting Clerk

    Position for Experienced,with focus on Accounts Payable along wit...

Search More Jobs





THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Advertiser Tearsheet
Information

© 2015 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy