Briefs: Local Health November 15, 2008
Global Heart to have guest speaker
• The Global Heart Spiritual Center, 1622 Glenwood Ave., will have guest speaker Jeff Patterson at 10 a.m. Sunday. Patterson is a spiritual life coach who uses the power of metaphor to illustrate spiritual principles. For information, call 242-2043.
Interfaith Thanksgiving planned
• The Grand Valley Interfaith Network will have an interfaith Thanksgiving service at 7 p.m. Nov. 25 at Congregation Ohr Shalom, 441 Kennedy Ave. The program includes songs and prayers. The collection plate will be given to the Catholic Outreach Soup Kitchen and the Emergency Shelter Program sponsored by Homeward Bound and the Grand Valley Peace and Justice. All are welcome, and canned food donations are suggested. For information, call 216-5116.
Thanksgiving to be at Redlands church
• United Methodist Church, 527 Village Way, will have a Thanksgiving dinner at 12:15 p.m. Nov. 23 at the church. The dinner is free. For information, call 245-1478.
Buddhists to host guest speaker
• The Avalokiteshvara Buddhist Center will host guest speaker Mark Mindenhall at 1 p.m. today at Fairmount Hall Events Center, 2511 N. 12th St. Mindenhall will present “The Pathway to Nirvana.” For information, call 303-813-9551 or visit http://www.meditationincolorado.org.
‘Bethlehem Revisted’ to be presented
• Northeast Christian Church, 2001 Patterson Road, will present “Bethlehem Revisited 2008” at 6 p.m. Dec. 19 and 21. For information, call 243-6672.
Two Rivers Center to have guest speaker
• Two Rivers Center for Spiritual Living, 3150 Lakeside Drive No. 103, will have guest speaker Anna Scott presenting “Why We Don’t Sing Que Sera Sera Around Here Anymore” at 10 a.m. Nov. 16.
Dr. Roger Teel, senior minister at Mile Hi Church of Religious Science, will help celebrate the center’s two-year anniversary at 7 p.m. Nov. 16. For information, call 201-0989.