Briefs: Local Religion January 31, 2009
Spiritual center to host guest speaker
• Two Rivers Center for Spiritual Living, 3150 Lakeside Drive, No. 103, will have speaker Marge Keely deliver the message “The Wise Heart.” Service time is 10 a.m. Sunday. Special music will be provided by Rob Wallace and Evelyn Billberg. For information, call 201-0989.
Unitarians to have lay-led service
• Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Grand Valley, 1022 Grand Ave., will have a lay-led service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday by Tad Hutchins.
Candy bouquet making to be illustrated
• The Grand Junction Christian Women’s Connection Luncheon will take place at 12:15 p.m. Feb. 19 at Two Rivers Convention Center. Gloria Coppers will demonstrate candy bouquet making. Special music will be provided by Sharon Turner. Guest speaker will be Mary Jo Smith of Glenwood Springs. Cost is $13.50 and child care is available. For reservations, call 245-9799.
Practices slated for musical presentation
• The Redlands United Methodist Church Chancel Choir is practicing its special worship music by Handel and Mozart to be performed during Lent from 7 to 8:30 p.m. each Wednesday. Participants can perform all or choose pieces of the music to sing. Performances will take place March 1, March 22, and April 12. For information, call 245-1478.
Jewish Christian theologian to speak
• Rebekah Simon-Peter, Jewish Christian theologian, will speak at the 9:45 a.m. and 11:10 a.m. worship services Feb. 22 at First United Methodist Church. For information, call 242-0870.