Briefs: Local religion September 27, 2008
Church to have Gospel Fest Oct. 5
• Appleton Christian Church, 2510 Interstate 70 Frontage Road, will have Gospel Fest ’08 from 12:30-4 p.m. on Oct. 5. There will be a barbecue and live music. All proceeds benefit the mission project of The Christ Center. Suggested donation is $10 per person or $30 per family. Take seating.
Methodist Church to host musicians
• Crossroads United Methodist Church will host Ernie Couch & Revival at 7 p.m. Tuesday . The group sings gospel music for all ages.
Church of the Nativity slated adult class
• Church of the Nativity will have an adult class, “The Parables,” at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday through Nov. 2. All are welcome. For information, call 245-9606.
Women’s luncheon to be at Calvary
• Calvary Chapel, 492 Morning Glory Lane, will have a women’s luncheon, “Count it all Joy,” at 10 a.m. Oct. 11. The event is free and will feature special music, teaching, and lunch. For information, call 243-2579.
Women’s group to have autumn tea
• The Redlands United Methodist women’s group will have an autumn tea at 3 p.m. on Oct. 12 in Fellowship Hall, 527 Village Way. The theme is “Let’s Celebrate America.” There will be patriotic songs, refreshments and a skit. For information, call 243-6168.
Unitarians to have lay sermon Sunday
• The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Grand Valley, 1022 Grand Ave., will have a lay sermon, “Tribal Living in America,” at 10:30 a.m. Sunday . For information, call 257-0772.
Speaker coming to Christian church
• Northeast Christian Church, 2001 Patterson Road, will host guest speaker Dan Trune Oct. 5-7. Trune will discuss growing spiritual roots, prayer, journaling, and spiritual warfare. For information, call 243-6672 or visit http://www.gjnecc.org.
Ohr Shalom schedules services
• Congregation Ohr Shalom will have High Holiday services beginning on Rosh Hashanah at 7:30 p.m. Monday . A children’s service will take place at 9 a.m. Tuesday followed by a morning service at 10 a.m. There will be a Tashlich service by the river at 1 p.m. A service will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday. For information, call 243-2491 or visit http://www.ohrshalomgj.org.