Email letters, August 6, 2014
Stapleton’s policies prove he is deserving of votes
I have had the pleasure to meet State Treasurer, Walker Stapleton, and to get to know him. I find him to be running a positive campaign with a clear vision for Colorado’s economic future. That’s how he has been running (quite successfully) the State Treasurer’s office for the past 3+ years.
I was taken back by his opponent’s personal attacks against him in Tuesday’s Daily Sentinel. Stapleton is sticking to the important policies that are critical to our state’s wellbeing; Stapleton gets my vote.
Reader presents reasons for Israeli support
The media has chosen to go upside down, along with some in Washington D.C. The demonstrations going on in Europe are supporting Hamas. How soon we forget some lessons from the past.
The following facts should be brought forward to the American people:
1. The conflict between Arabs and Jews began in ancient times with two opposing descendants of Abraham who were half brothers. Ishmael left Israel to live in what is now Mecca (a fact found in Islamic history) He was the great, great, great grandfather of Mohammed (born A.D. 570). As predicted, the surrounding lands turned against Israel.
2. The archaeological record points to a legitimate claim of Israel to its former lands.
3. It is interesting that both opposing factions were of the same family lineage.
4. There never was a state of Palestine.
5. The Arab world sided with Hitler in both WWI and WWII.
6. The Palestinians actually rejected the U.N. partition of 1948 that would have given them a country.
7. When the British annexed Trans Jordan, Israel lost 78% of its former land.
The terrorist’s declaration of wiping Israel and all Jews off the map is, in fact, genocide. Israel suffers the threat of extinction at any given time. As if the Jews did not suffer enough under Hitler, the ugly face of persecution rises again.
I have nothing against innocent Palestinian families who may not support terrorism, but Israel has every right to defend itself. We should support them, not the terrorist organizations in the Middle East.
Reader expresses disappointment over Sentinel coverage
Numerous news sources apart from the Daily Sentinel show articles of how intrusive and dangerous the tunnels under Gaza are. They show how tons of explosives were stockpiled and how things were ready for an attack in a few days to annihilate Israel. Why has there been nothing of this in the Sentinel?
And why has there been nothing about the tax cuts that the Democrats have vetoed, including such things as $900 million in Obama Care Administration costs? Or cutting the $1.2 billion over 10 years that taxpayers ponied up for union activities of the Federal employees? How about ending prohibitions on competition for Government contracts? Or how about economic assistance to Egypt to the tune of $250 million and planes? And the beloved John (I’m a traitor) Kerry has helped out out by making all the wrong decisions.
Well, honestly, some reporting of these things did occur, by conservative authors.