LS: Uncanny with trivia? Try this Halloween quiz
For some, Halloween is anything but trivial, and for them we have put together this quiz.
Some of the questions are from the new “Trivial Pursuit: Digital Choice” edition, and others we came up with ourselves to make a “lucky” 13 questions.
See page 6C for the answers.
1. What Goth/heavy metal rock star directed the 2007 remake of the cult classic “Halloween”?
2. What president is said to haunt the White House, having visited Truman once?
3. What monster do I turn into if I have been infected with lycanthropy?
4. What name should you chant 13 times in front of a mirror if you want a ghost to show up?
5. What vegetable were the first jack-o’-lanterns carved from?
6. Who replaced silent screen star Lon Chaney in the original Universal Studios “Dracula” and then built
a career on horror films?
7. What is the most common way to kill a vampire according to myth?
8. What former San Francisco prison is said to have a haunted cell, 14–D?
9. What 1984 hit film features the demon Zuul?
10. What legendary magician and escape artist died on Halloween?
11. Name two of the top four pumpkin-producing states.
12. What 1922 German vampire film will be shown to live music in Grand Junction on Halloween?
13. Halloween Bros., an online store at http://www.halloweenbros.com, is extremely busy this time of year. Masks and licensed characters are generally the most popular sellers. Of Halloween Bros.’ top eight best-selling masks, pictured here, which three are the top sellers?
If you like trivia, horror movies and Halloween, check out http://www.cavernsofblood.com/quiz/. It will keep you busy with plenty of creepy quizzes long into the night of the living dead.