Crested Butte expansion proposal rebuffed again

DENVER — A U.S. Forest Service official has affirmed a decision blocking Crested Butte Mountain Resort’s plans to expand onto Snodgrass Mountain.

Deputy Regional Forester Jim Pena last week rejected the ski resort’s appeal of a decision by Gunnison National Forest Supervisor Charlie Richmond in November to block the proposal. Richmond said the proposed expansion was not in the public interest.

Resort President Tim Mueller said Monday he plans to appeal Pena’s decision to Forest Service Chief Tom Tidwell. Mueller says he spent four years and $2 million working with Richmond to sculpt the expansion proposal and said Richmond had previously indicated the proposal met pre-application concerns.

Pena says the final decision was Richmond’s call to make.



COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.




Search More Jobs






THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy