1 dead after carbon monoxide leak at apartment

COLORADO SPRINGS — Authorities say one person is dead and another is in critical condition after a carbon monoxide leak at a Colorado Springs apartment complex.

The Gazette reports firefighters were called to the Vista Peak Apartments in the eastern part of the city just before 12:30 p.m. today after several people reported feeling sick with symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning.

A hazardous materials team was called minutes later, and the apartments were evacuated.

Firefighters confirmed the death this afternoon.

COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.







Check out most popular special sections!










THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy