4 people sickened after dog vomits toxic chemical

EDWARDS — Four people at an Edwards veterinary clinic were hospitalized after a dog that ingested what was likely rat poison vomited, filling the clinic with toxic fumes.

The Vail Daily reports (http://bit.ly/UlLX1a ) the dog vomited the chemical after being brought into the Vail Valley Animal Hospital on Friday. A news release from the Eagle River Fire Protection District says three people in the room showed signs of “respiratory distress” and were taken to a hospital for treatment. A fourth person who may have been exposed was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The dog later died.

COMMENTS

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.







Check out most popular special sections!










THE DAILY SENTINEL
734 S. Seventh St.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
970-242-5050
Editions
Subscribe to print edition
E-edition
Advertisers
Sign in to your account
Information

© 2014 Grand Junction Media, Inc.
By using this site you agree to the Visitor Agreement and the Privacy Policy