Grand Valley residents know Powderhorn like the back of their hands.
Located on the northern edge of the Grand Mesa, the world’s largest flat-topped mountain, Powderhorn is just 45 minutes from Grand Junction. The mountain rises to nearly 9,900 feet, assuring superb dry powder and views unlike any other resort.
The mountain features 44 runs with plenty of space for all ability levels as well as two terrain parks and glade skiing that has a state-wide reputation. On average Powderhorn receives 250 inches of powder each season.
Powderhorn is a full-service ski resort featuring:
• Ski & Snowboard School with group and private lessons as well as special programs.
• Children’s Learning Center for kids ages 3-7
• Rental Shop with ski, snowboard, telemark, cross-country and snowshoe packages.
• Alpine Trader & Cafe for apparel, gear, gifts, snacks, coffee and sandwiches.
• Sunset Grille & Bar is a cafeteria style restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages.
• Skiers’ Union Cafe & Bar is located slopeside, open daily for lunch and dinner.
• A full season of great events ranging from breakfast with Santa Claus to mountain bike racing on snow. The full events calendar can be found at http://www.powderhorn.com
Skiers and riders will love the new features in the Top Cut terrain park this season. Creative features will be made of entirely recycled materials.
Brushcutting has taken place on 95 percent of the mountain this summer. This helps us the resort open earlier with less snow and also significantly opens up the gladed runs
New deals and packages are available to help individuals and families get to the mountain this year.
• All current & upcoming deals with be posted and updated throughout the season on our ‘Hot Deal’ page on our website: http://www.powderhorn.com/rates/
• Text ‘Powderhorn’ to 69302 for special deals on lift tickets, gear, food and beverages throughout the season.
• “Men’s Days Wednesdays” and “Ladies Days Tuesdays” begin the first week in January and provide $10 off a lift ticket for guys and gals on their respective day. This deal runs through the end of the season.
Stay & Play Package, $209
Includes a night stay for two at the Inn at Wildewood plus lift tickets for two and dinner for two at the Skiers Union Cafe & Bar. For reservations call 970-268-5170.