Tennis anyone? Why not ... it’s one of the Grand Valley’s top sports
Tennis is one of the most popular activities in the Grand Valley.
There are more than 50 courts from Fruita to Palisade, including four indoor, and several tournaments through the summer and fall.
GET ON COURT
Public tennis courts can be found in a number of places in the Grand Valley:
• Junction Indoor Tennis Center — 535 25 1/2 Road, 241-2280, http://www.junctionindoortennis.com, four indoor courts, four outdoor courts.
• Mesa State College Elliott Tennis Center — 12th St. & Orchard Ave., seven outdoor courts.
• Clinton Smith Courts — Lincoln Park, eight outdoor courts.
• Canyon View Park — 24 1/2 Road & Interstate 70, 12 outdoor courts.
• Central High School — 550 Warrior Way, four outdoor courts.
• Fruita Monument High School — 1102 Wildcat Ave., four outdoor courts.
• Grand Junction High School — 1400 N. Fifth St., four outdoor courts.
• Pineridge Park — The Ridges, two outdoor courts.TENNIS TOURNAMENTS
View or participate in these upcoming tournaments.
• McDonald’s Family Tournament — June 10–12, info: 242-1490.
• Elam Junior Tournament — June 24–26, info: 242-1490.
• Taco Bell Western Slope Open — July 18–24, info: 242-1490.
• Major Mortgage Autumn Classic — Sept. 16–18, info: 241-2280.
• Major Mortgage Junior Autumn Classic — Nov. 4–6, info: 241-2280.