Blotter: January 17, 2009
Two face multiple charges
• Yolanda Ann Gallegos, 26, and Diana Devora Mitchell, 24, were arrested in the 3200 block of Main Street on suspicion of being an accessory to a crime, possession of a weapon, misdemeanor child abuse and possession of marijuana, according to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department. Gallegos also was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, according to the Sheriff’s Department. Mitchell also was arrested on suspicion of introducing contraband, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
Gypsum man missing
• The Eagle County Sheriff’s Department is asking for public help in locating missing Gypsum man Mark Wilmers, 47.
Wilmers was last seen Tuesday morning by family members.
Wilmers reportedly was driving a 1996 white Ford truck with Colorado license plate 712JUM.
Anyone who sees Wilmers or his vehicle is asked to call 911 immediately.
According to the Grand Junction Police Department:
• A burglar entered a residence in the 100 block of Mesa Avenue and stole less than $1,000 in property.
• Rodney Russell Nelson, 48, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, felony menacing and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Nelson was arrested in the 500 block of
29 1/4 Road after allegedly threatening someone with a baseball bat.
According to the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department:
• Shannon Lynn Ringold, 39, was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing and misdemeanor criminal mischief.
• About $1,000 in damage was reported after a car was vandalized in the 1500 block of Callow Creek Lane.
According to the Montrose County Sheriff’s Department:
• A deputy responded to the 59600 block of Joey Road on a welfare check on horses.