Briefs: Local Religion December 20, 2008
Churches plan Christmas week events
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Grand Valley, 1022 Grand Ave., will have several Christmas events next week:
• All ages service and potluck with Mexican Las Posadas theme, 10:30 a.m., Sunday .
• All ages winter solstice gathering at 5 p.m. Sunday .
• Christmas Eve candlelight service, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday .
• St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church Choir and Orchestra will have a free Christmas concert at 4 p.m. Sunday at 3888 27 1/2 Road. For information, call 242-3293.
• Calvary Chapel Grand Junction, 492 Morning Glory Lane, will have special guest singer and speaker Ginger Millermon at its 8:30 and 10 a.m. services Sunday . Millermon is a top 40 songwriter on the Christian charts and a pro-life and women’s advocate speaker. For information, call 243-2579.
• The Redlands United Methodist Church, 527 Village Way, will have a Christmas Eve candlelight service at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Wednesday . Both services will offer holy communion.
• Church of the Nativity will have a children’s pageant and family service at 7 p.m. Christmas eve. Midnight mass will begin with Christmas carol singing at 10 p.m. followed by the Holy Eucharist rite. Services will take place at 10:30 a.m. Christmas day.
• The Hawthorne Park Community Church of Grand Junction, 755 N. Fourth St., will have a community Christmas Eve service from 6 to 7 p.m. Dec. 24. There will be Christmas carols, special music, communion and a candle-lighting ceremony.
Healing meditation to be Dec. 31
• The Global Heart Spiritual Center and Koinonia Church will host the World Healing Meditation at 5 a.m. Dec. 31. at 730 25 Road. The meditation is a worldwide event scheduled for simultaneous meditation. A potluck breakfast will follow. For information, call 361-8308 or visit http://www.quartus.org/WorldHealingDay.html.