Briefs: OA Halloween costumes October 31, 2008
Maybe a last minute costume party came
Maybe a last minute costume party came up or maybe you are flat out of ideas for a creative ensemble.
Keep reading for some quick costuming tricks for the whole family. Check the Out & About calendar on page 8 for all of the Halloween-related events going on around town.
Two Web sites to check out for photo galleries of costumes for babies, children, adults, couples and groups are coolest-homemade-costumes.com and Familyfun.com (click on the Last Minute Costumes link).
Look for the “Rockin’ Sushi Roll” costume made of mostly packing materials and the super clever “Recycled Costume” on Familyfun.com.
The baby “Chippendale Dancer” costume on http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com is just too cute.
Source: Fresno Bee/ Scripps Howard News Service.
If those Web sites don’t provide enough inspiration, here are more suggestions from the Albany Times Union in New York:
• Deal or No Deal Girl — Slinky dress, high heels, case with a number on the outside and $1 million inside.
• Been There Singer Amy Winehouse — tattoos, beehive, crazy mascara, wife beater, skinny jeans and dirty ballet slippers.
u • Old news — Wrap yourself with some old newspapers and be “Old News.” Or maybe you can go around as a MySpace page. Put on corny stickers, quotes and photos.
• Killer bee — Mix military camo with bee wings and antennas.
• Donald Trump’s wife — Wear a black dress or suitable evening gown, a ton of faux diamond jewelry, a wig and great shoes. Get a baby stroller, paint it with gold paint and rig up a chandelier.
• A box of wine — Giant cardboard box and paint.
• 52 Pick-Up — Wear all black and glue cards all over yourself. Act flirty.