Briefs: Sports Timeout Aug. 27, 2009
• 3-on-3 League: Open and Legends (age 50-older) divisions. Each team must have a minimum of 4 players and maximum of 5. Games played from 6-10 p.m. Wednesdays at Bill Heddles Rec Center. Registration open until Aug. 28. First games Sept. 9. Fee: $60. Information: Whitnee 874-0923.
• Delta Flag Football: Delta Recreation Department. For boys and girls in grades K-4. Registration taken through Aug. 30. Fee: $35. Information: Whitnee Cannon, 874-0923.
• Adobe Creek Mixed Couples League: Every Sunday, shotgun start at 4 p.m. No GHIN or league fees, all levels welcome. If you don’t have a partner, you will be assigned one. Information: Joyce or Jerry Clarke, 261-1676.
• Safken Foundation Scramble: Four-person scramble to raise money for Sam Safken Foundation is Aug. 29 at Adobe Creek Golf Course. Entry fee: $300 per team, $75 per player. Hole sponsor: $150. Check-in at 7 a.m., shotgun start at 9 a.m.
Information: 216-4136 or 234-2635.
• Junior Golf Camp: Mondays and Tuesdays, 4:30-6 p.m. at Lincoln Park. Camp begins Sept. 7. Cost: $100 per student. Information: 242-6394.
• Latin-Anglo Alliance Tournament: Four-person scramble to provide scholarships for area youth takes place with 1 p.m. shotgun start Sept. 26 at Adobe Creek Golf Course. Entry fee: $75 per player, $300 team, includes cart, post-tournament meal.
Prizes will be awarded.
Information: Pat Baca, 216-4222, Modesto Galvan, 270-9479, Herman Lucero, 261-3571, Mike Archuleta, 216-7332 or Rich Baca, 245-7789.
• Mt. Sneffels Half-Marathon/Walk: Aug. 29, 7:30 a.m., Ouray Hot Springs Pool. Fee: $30 before Aug. 27, $40 after. Information: http://www.mtsneffels.org or call (970) 325-4505.
• Karts for Charity: Members of the Grand Junction Police and Fire departments will race karts for charity at 3 p.m. on Aug. 29 at the Grand Junction Motor Speedway.
The event is free to the public. Each department will have three teams for the race.
The winning team will donate money raised through donations to a charity of its choice.