Fantasy FB: Richardson arrives; CJ2K still missing
• What I learned last week:
I learned why I drafted Trent Richardson fourth, yet left him on the bench. I will not make that mistake again. I also learned it’s about time to give up on Wes Welker, even with Aaron Hernandez out. The guy is getting a raw deal in New England, and in turn so am I. As a result, I will no longer eat clam chowdah until Welker has at least a 20-point game.
• Watch out for this guy in Week 3:
If San Diego running back Ryan Matthews returns, watch out.
• Steer clear of this guy in Week 3:
Although I’m totally on the Reggie Bush wagon, I think he slips a bit this week against the Jets.
• Is Richardson’s Week 2 breakout performance worthy of a “must-start” status?
I was big on this guy before the draft and kind of had my hopes shattered in Week 1. But just when I’m down and out on the guy, he goes and shreds it for a whopping 35 points ... of course he did this on my bench. I say it loud and proud: START TRENT!
• Week 3 is upon us. Is it too early to try to make major trades?
Matt Forte: Injured. Aaron Hernandez: Injured. Wes Welker: Getting punished. Yeah, my trade thoughts (desperation) are a brewing cuz Benny’s still freaking out.
Week 2 highs and lows:
• Ben’s dumb start of the week: Not a one! All my players (except Hernandez) went off. Yes!
• Ben’s wicked-smart start of the week: Danny Amendola (160 yards receiving, 1 TD). Yes!
• Left on the bench blues: Richardson (a million yards rushing, half a million yards receiving, etc. I still won my game, however.) Doh!
• Does Peyton Manning reach 300 yards and 2 TDs against the Texans?
Ben: Yes. Mile-High-Manning-Rebound!
Tim: In Denver, yes.
• Does Mark Sanchez look more like he did in Week 1 or Week 2 against Miami?
Ben: Nope. Never been a fan and not gonna start now.
Tim: In between. I can see 250 yards and a TD, maybe two.
• Better defense to pick up: Arizona or San Diego?
Ben: The Cardinals. They made the Patriots look silly last week.
Tim: This week, Arizona. Longer-term, San Diego.
• Better play this week: Larry Fitzgerald against Philly or Andre Johnson against Denver’s Champ Bailey?
Ben: Johnson. Fitzy, as I wrote previously, has nobody to get him the ball.
Tim: Yuck! On both counts. I’ll go Fitzgerald.
• Better play this week: Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson?
Ben: Charles. Johnson is slowly fading away.
Tim: Again, yuck! Give me Charles against the Saints’ D.