Local fighters dominate CageRaiser 2
Alex Trottier knows it’s important to put on a good show.
That’s why for Saturday’s Cage Raiser 2 at Grand Junction Harley Davidson, Trottier is treating fight fans to an entertaining card.
CageRaiser 2 features 12 total fights — nine amateur and three professional. Of the 24 fighters on the card, 10 are from Grand Junction, and 20 are from Colorado.
“People want to come see local fighters,” Trottier said. “It’s a good card and every fighter is worth seeing.”
All the proceeds from the fights will benefit Impact Boxing, a nonprofit organization. Many of the fighters in Saturday’s event train out of Impact Boxing, but they are only a sliver of the 150 fighters who use the gym.
The schedule is subject to change after weigh-ins, but here’s a list of the scheduled fights for Saturday:
1. Lance Myer, Grand Junction vs. Oliverio Rusty Garcia, Montrose, 155 pounds
2. Jerry Walker, Grand Junction vs. Tyson Herrera, Grand Junction, 155 pounds
3. Jack Denker, Grand Junction vs. Travis Ramirez, Glenwood Springs, 185 pounds
4. Billy Martin, Wyoming vs. Dan Hudak, Glenwood Springs, 155 pounds
5. Justin Jones, Grand Junction vs. Brandon Griffin, Cheyenne, Wyo., Heavyweight
6 Angelo Archuleta, Grand Junction vs. Orlando Rodriguez, Riverton, Wyo. 145 pounds
7. Ray Hoffman, Battlement Mesa vs. James Martinez, Montrose, 185 pounds
8. Kirk Piatt, Olathe vs. Brandon Crespin, Palisade, 170 pounds
9. Zack Harvey, Grand Junction vs. Juan Magana, Glenwood Springs, 170 pounds
1. Sergio Lopez, Montrose vs. John Sargent, Denver, 160 pounds
2. John Etheridge, Grand Junction vs. Trevor Pasha, Denver, 200 pounds
3. Jason Brenton, Grand Junction vs. Ulfrano Rodriguez, Scottsbluff, Neb., 155 pounds