Woman withdraws restraining order against Sharpe
ATLANTA — A woman has withdrawn her petition for a temporary restraining order against former NFL player Shannon Sharpe.
Sharpe was scheduled to appear in an Atlanta court Monday to address the woman’s allegations that he forced her to have sex with him, threatened her life and conducted surveillance of her. The Associated Press is not naming the woman because she says she was sexually assaulted.
Fulton County court documents show that the petition was filed and granted last week and dismissed this week at the woman’s request.
Sharpe had said he would step aside as a football analyst for CBS Sports until the matter was resolved. The ex-Denver Bronco and Baltimore Raven is under consideration for the NFL Hall of Fame.